Born in the exotic land of the Incas. People say she sings with the flair of her South American roots, her voice is expressive and soothing.
Alessa (Born Elsa Afa Villa) grew up listening to Waltzes, Festejos, Cuban music, Bossa Novas and Sambas (her mother loved to listen to Antonio Carlos Jobim, Sergio Murillo, Elis Regina and during her early years she was exposed to this beautiful music. No wonder why she sings them now)
Alessa's live presentations are all about Brazilian Jazz (Bossa Novas), Boleros, Latin Jazz, Samba, Gypsy Rumba and Afro- Brazilian (Samba Raggae) music in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
Besides live performances at nightclubs, festivals, concerts and fund raisers, she has performed at following venues:
- The Hollywood Palladium with Afro-Brazil for the annual carnival night.
- The Hollywood Bowl with "Viver Brazil" for the opening season of summer concerts at the Bowl.
- Le Blue Note in Paris-France with Nazare Pereira.
- The "Museum of Image and Sound" with Caixa Preta and Unidos do Mundo (escola de samba) for the LAPA's Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- La Rosa Nautica in Lima-Peru as guest appearance.
Alessa and her band have also been the entertainers for the #1 Spanish contemporary music KLVE 107.5 FM radio station’ s gala.
We also performed at the Summer concert series in Lake Arrowhead , getting great reviews in local newspapers, also at the Levitt Summer Concerts in Pasadena, At Concerts by the Pier in Manhattan Beach, Malibu, Santa Monica and Redondo Beach, College Venues, festivities, galas and Park and Recreation events.
Alessa currently has four CD releases; her latest release “Maria Bonita” (A love tribute to her mom) Brazilian Mood (Bossa Novas); Rio Inspired (Sambas and Bossa Novas, inspired by the Carnival); Alessa & MC a Latin fusion with nine original tunes.